Saturday, September 21, 2013

Thief in the Metro

I am usually very security conscious but let my guard down this morning in a Metro (subway) station. I carry a small over the shoulder bag that contains water, maps, and light food. Many times (as was the case this morning) it also holds my camera.

I had allowed it to slip behind my arm. As I was climbing a set of stairs I heard/felt the zipper being moved. I realized immediately the boy in the orange pants that was behind was in my bag. I stopped and turned quickly and he walked around me. I immediately did an inventory and found nothing missing. I grabbed a couple of quick images of him and his friend. I was lucky he was not well practiced, but I am sure he will improve his technique over time and spoil some peoples' vacations.

No comments:

Post a Comment