Tuesday, March 5, 2013

ADX in Portland, Oregon


Portland seems like a great city with interesting people living in a beautiful setting.  Perhaps they are just very good in self promotion.

As a craftsman without dedicated workspace the arrangement shown in the video really appeals to me.  Years ago there was a "Wood Gym" in the Cincinnati area.  I never visited because at the time I had access to a fully equipped and supplied woodworking space.  The wood gym went away before too much time had passed and I always wondered what the root cause was.  I can't help but think that liability issues were near the top of the list.

According to ADX's website there are varying levels of membership.  For an annual payment of $1080 (or monthly payments of $175) you can have an unlimited access membership.  That entitles you to access the factory floor and work benches, discounts on classes, and unlimited access to the wood and metal shops.

Sounds like a bargain to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment