Friday, January 4, 2013

Thunderheads and lightning


I have always been a big fan of thunderstorms.  I enjoy the cloud formations and the way the weather moves in along with the lightning and thunder.  Mymodernmet has a great display of gathering clouds.

The post of the thunderheads actually followed a post several days earlier of  lightning.  I enjoy the lightning, but I admit I like to observe it from a safe location- I don't need a front row seat on that action.  More lightning images for your enjoyment.



2 comments:

  1. I have always loved a good rumbling thunderstorm. I think I can blame my mom for that one, since she would wake us to sit with her and watch them. I still listen to a recording of one when I want to relax. But I too have been through my share of storms that were anything but relaxing.

    -Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly understand that... sometimes my favorite part of a ground shaking thunderstorm is when it is moving away from my location.

    ReplyDelete